How to create an email marketing with video using AWeber and Viewed
In this tutorial you will learn how to easily create, configure and send an email marketing campaign with video that will play directly in your inbox. Yes it’s real!
Viewed is a platform that solves the problem of embedding video with autoplay in email marketing campaigns, easy to use, mobile-friendly and 100% compatible with AWeber. To create dynamic, professional and high-impact email campaigns that increase your CTR by up to 173%.
1. Create your Viewed Account
If you don’t have an account, create one here. By default, you will be logged in the FREE plan, that includes 100 video impressions to make some tests. You can upgrade your plan or purchase extra video impressions as needed. Viewed delivers millions of videos in email every day. It has solid servers and is partner of Amazon and Google Cloud to deliver your videos in the emails, regardless of the volume or concurrent users.
2. Upload your Video File
The Viewed platform is compatible with all video formats such as mp4, avi, mov and flv. Press the blue button “Upload Video” on the right side of your screen:
Then fill the form:
- Video name: It’s a name to identify the video in your list.
- Video file: you have to options:
– Select a video from your computer. You can use the drag & drop system or click to search and upload.
– Or introduce a youtube or Vimeo video. It is no needed to select file in the previous field.
- Video width: it’s the video size in pixels in your html template.
- Behavior: you can select autoplay, loop and mute and combine them as you want. The best combination is Autoplay + mute.
- Click on the green button “Upload Video”
3. Coffee Time!
It´s time to have a cup of coffee. It will take just a few minutes. Relax, our System is in charge.
Viewed will automatically create all the necessary video formats to be compatible with every Operating System, device or navigator.
When the process finishes you will receive an alert in your notification bar.
4. Get the code for your email
You have three different ways to get the code for your email:
- Notification bar: when the upload finishes we provide you a link to the code in the notification bar.
- List of videos: First, click on “Copy Video ID”. Second, select “Copy to email” option.
- List of videos: Click on “Edit” button, this gives you access to a new screen
when you have to click on “Email embed code”.
5. Time to go to Aweber
Now that you have your Viewed HTML code is time to go to Aweber to start your campaign. Just log in to your AWeber account.
6. Create your email campaign
Click on “Create a message“ button and a menu will be toggled. Choose “Drag & Drop Email Builder“.
7. Select a template
Then click on “Templates“ button.
Select a template form the list and click on “Apply“.
8. Paste Viewed HTML code
Once you have selected a template you have to click on “Paragraph“ block and drop it to the location of the template where you want to display the video.
Then select the paragraph block you have dropped and click on the icon where the arrow points to paste HTML code.
Paste the Viewed code that you copied from the platform and click on the submit button.
If you have finished editing your template click on “Save & Exit“ to send or schedule your campaign.
9. Sending Options
Time to impress the world! You can send your campaign now or schedule date and time.