How to create an email marketing with video using Constant Contact and Viewed
In this tutorial you will learn how to easily create, configure and send an email marketing campaign with video that plays directly in the inbox. Yes, it’s real!
Viewed is a platform that solves the problem of embedding video with autoplay in email marketing campaigns, easy to use, mobile-friendly and 100% compatible with Constant Contact. You can create professional, high impact and dynamic email campaigns that increase CTR up to 173%.
1. Create your Viewed Account
If you don’t have an account, create one here. By default, you will be logged in the FREE plan, that includes 100 video impressions to make some tests. You can upgrade your plan or purchase extra video impressions as needed. Viewed delivers millions of videos in email every day. It has solid servers and is partner of Amazon and Google Cloud to deliver your videos in the emails, regardless of the volume or concurrent users.
2. Upload your Video File
The Viewed platform is compatible with all video formats such as mp4, avi, mov and flv. Press the blue button “Upload Video” on the right side of your screen:
Then fill the form:
- Video name: It’s a name to identify the video in your list.
- Video file: you have to options:
– Select a video from your computer. You can use the drag & drop system or click to search and upload.
– Or introduce a youtube or Vimeo video. It is no needed to select file in the previous field.
- Video width: it’s the video size in pixels in your html template.
- Behavior: you can select autoplay, loop and mute and combine them as you want. The best combination is Autoplay + mute.
- Click on the green button “Upload Video”
3. Coffee Time!
It´s time to have a cup of coffee. It will take just a few minutes. Relax, our System is in charge.
Viewed will automatically create all the necessary video formats to be compatible with every Operating System, device or navigator.
When the process finishes you will receive an alert in your notification bar.
4. Get the code for your email
You have three different ways to get the code for your email:
- Notification bar: when the upload finishes we provide you a link to the code in the notification bar.
- List of videos: First, click on “Copy Video ID”. Second, select “Copy to email” option.
- List of videos: Click on “Edit” button, this gives you access to a new screen
when you have to click on “Email embed code”.
5. Copy Viewed code in your template
You have to edit the HTML template that you are going to send and insert the code you have copied from Viewed platform. Select the location of the template where you want to display the video.
6. Time to go to Constant Contact
Now that you have your HTML template is time to go to Constant Contact to start your campaign. Just log in to your Constant Contact account.
7. Set up a campaign
Log in to your Constant Contact account and click on the “Create an Email“ button to set up your video email campaign.
8. Go to the Custom Code option
You must choose the “Custom code“ button in order to paste your video email HTML template.
Then select “HTML“ in Email Format.
9. Campaign settings
Fill all the details for your video email campaign such as SUBJECT, FROM NAME, FROM EMAIL ADDRESS, etc.
10. Go to the Advanced Editor tab
On the left of the page click on the “Advanced Editor“ button.
Paste your HTML template and click on “Save & Return“.
11. Go to the Message Footer tab
Here you can add all the detail information you want to insert on the footer area of your video email campaign.
12. Set up your Contact List
Link your video email campaign with the contact list of your choice.
13. Schedule your video email campaign
Time to impress the world! In this step, you can schedule the delivery of your campaign. You have 3 options: send it right away, schedule it to be sent later or make a draft.